Firstly, it was a cultural observation. It may be unfair, but believe me, it would have happened.
'Britain has her share of goofy evangelicals.'
But not in the mainstream, and not so obvious and public. Besides, such people tend to be heavily influenced by the USA. In addition, Britain does not have religious TV, such as TBN, so any would-be Jan Crouches and Benny Hinns are not given airtime.
By the way, would you care to name a couple? I can't off the top of my head, which is why I ask.
I also wish that was a joke. But if you were in Britain, you'd have tagged this one 'American idiots'.
ReplyDeleteOh come on, Britain has her share of goofy Evangelicals as well, perhaps not as many, but still...
ReplyDeleteFirstly, it was a cultural observation. It may be unfair, but believe me, it would have happened.
ReplyDelete'Britain has her share of goofy evangelicals.'
But not in the mainstream, and not so obvious and public. Besides, such people tend to be heavily influenced by the USA. In addition, Britain does not have religious TV, such as TBN, so any would-be Jan Crouches and Benny Hinns are not given airtime.
By the way, would you care to name a couple? I can't off the top of my head, which is why I ask.
And the sort of kitsch depicted is not the sort of thing the British go in for. It is... well, so very American!
ReplyDeleteAlthough the St. George's crosses might allow them to be acceptable to England fans.