**UPDATE** Since PZ's gracious link, I've moved up to 0.0883%. Glass ceiling? What glass ceiling? Moo-hoo-ha-ha-ha [rubs hands and displays sketchy grin] Moo-hoo-*cough cough* Moo-hoo-ha-ha-ha **END**
I found it rather amazing that, as of this writing, I am ranked 46,519 out of over 51.8 million blogs (see right sidebar for total blogs). That puts me in the top 0.0898%! There really must be a whole lot of bad shit out there for me to make that ranking, but maybe millions of those other blogs are porn-oriented, or semi-abandoned...? Oh well, still boosts the ol' ego a bit ;)
I posted on Friday for the first time in nine days, and got 54 unique visitors and 74 pageloads. I even took off a few months back in February, but I have still been getting some decent traffic.
It led me to ponder: How many of us are motivated to write only for an audience? How many people honestly don't care what their hit counts are? I won't play the game of pretending not to care, but I really like to think that I wouldn't stop writing if I never got one pageload again, since I write for myself, as much as I write for others.
Thanks for visiting my blog [those few of you]. Please comment away, and leave requests for any topics you'd like to see discussed in greater detail. And...check out this post on blogging by Jim Lippard.
________________
Technorati tags: Weblogs
No comments:
Post a Comment